It's Time to Go

Preying on my naivety throughout the years
Eating away at my soul by feasting on my fear
Spooning me helpings of lies and then starving me until my hunger cries out for more
Using my strengths to build your back up while pressing me to the floor
I trusted the words even though they were blanketed in myth
Trying to read the words on the walls not even noticing that it's written in hieroglyph
Spreading myself thin by buttering your bread


Waking up as if from a deep coma
Taking off the rosy glasses and seeing you for what you’re made of
Feeling stomach pain from the shit I was fed
Taking truth serum and realizing mine own reality
Re-purposing my status for me
No longer allowing you to take my health and hold hostage my sanity


Dumb from the ignorance that until now felt so comforting
Attempting to use my anger & resentment to build a better realm
Finding motivation in your zombie eyes and silent untruths
Capitalized upon no more...



By M. Ikpoh 1/25/11

Comments

Popular Posts