Brick and Mortar

I used to think that displaying weakness of any kind was just that... Weak.  I would build walls of the strongest brick and mortar that could ever be imagined.  I would refuse to let a single soul see into the depths of my existence.

Until I met him.

He is truly the mate to my soul.  In the beginning grabbing my hand and forcing me to hold on, as you would a child crossing the street.  He has navigated me through many a turbulent waters, without so much as a tremble at the dangers of the potential for drowning.  He is heaven sent... I mean, how else could he know exactly what my soul cried/s out for?

Another difficult lesson for me has been to rely on him.  Although I realize that I'm no real life superhero, I sometimes feel as though I need to act like one.

Today I see that this is not always the case.  It's ok to accept help from your living angels, that's why HE placed them in our lives.

Challenge yourself to accept assistance.  I'm not suggesting to completely demolish your wall.  Simply take one brick out and allow a ray of sunshine in.  You might be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

Comments

Popular Posts