Do Unto Others...

          Luke 6:31
          ”Do to others as you would have them do to you.”

          Galatians 5:14
          ”The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
______________________________________________________

We all know the Golden Rule, it is the simplest rule written; yet one of the most difficult to follow.  My personal struggle lies not in my behavior, but in the guilt that follows the realization that I've wronged someone (esp someone that I care deeply about). 

How do I want to be treated?... With respect, love, compassion, and dignity to name a few.  I'm definitely not perfect, but I'm trying, and this journey has certainly been eye opening to my great many flaws.  From my snide comments that have the propensity to cut like a knife, to my less than kind glares that look past the person and tend to deliver hate into the soul.  (Told you I'm a work in progress.)  Some things have to change.

I truly need to become the change I wish to see, if not for myself... For my legacy.

Comments

Popular Posts