Hope vs. Common Sense

Today I ordered breakfast for myself and my daughter.  I figured it would be a nice change of pace from the usual morning routine.  I ordered french toast for her and a denver omelette for me.

Why am I telling you this?.... Well, I'm lactose intolerant and my daughter is in fact a creature of habit.  So I shouldn't have been surprised when I started feeling sick and she all but refused to eat what was on her plate.  (She's used to Mommy's cooking)

The point is, we often do things hoping for an exceptional outcome; when in reality we know what will happen.  There is nothing wrong with hope, but we must be realistic. 

If I touch fire, I can hope to gain a magical power and be able to create fireballs in my bare hands.  However the reality is, I'll likely end up getting treatment for burns. 

Today I will... be realistic in my expectations and not confuse hope with common sense.

Comments

Popular Posts