Energy Vampires & Me Toos

Today is Valentine's Day and I have to admit that I've been struggling to maintain the warm/fuzzies.  Not because I'm not in love or because I don't embrace the concept behind the holiday... It's simply because I'm drained.

We have all been there.  The people around you, take your energy, not because it's their intention; and odds are good they aren't even aware that they are doing it.  Yet, the end result is typically the same... You wanting to merge with the couch.  (Or maybe it's just me)

Anywho...

That addresses the energy vampires, but not the Me Toos. 

Ever been in a conversation with someone that turns everything you mention having done into being about them?  One minute you are explaining how you always wanted to go deep sea diving and a half minute later the talking has shifted to mentioning how they actually signed up for a class three years ago. 

Well that has been my day in a nutshell.  Yet, I'm not aiming to complain or even vent... I just want to being attention to it.  Afterall, this may have been you at a certain point; or even more, this may still be you.
So today, listen... Really listen.  Hear yourself and those around you.  Do you find that people let out a big sigh, after you talk with them?  If so, you might be an energy vampire.  Try to shift your energy to becoming more positive.

Or maybe while reading this you were thinking about how this always happens to you and even have a few examples.  Yeeeeeaaaaa, you might be a me too

Either way, everything is an opportunity for growth.  Don't get stuck... Just keep moving forward with your personal path..

I truly hope that you are having a very Happy Valentine's Day!


Peace and Blessings!



Please click above image to visit the Official Marisa Moments Facebook Page
Don't forget to LIKE the page for daily updates and inspiration

Comments

Popular Posts