Gift Squandering

If I were to give you $500 today... would you immediately run to make a single $500 purchase?  As in, just buy one item for the lump sum amount that you were just gifted, while knowing full and well that you would not be given any other money under any circumstance...  I'd like to think you wouldn't.  However, I know this isn't the case for everyone. 

I mention this to say, I know that not everyone has the restraint to pass this test.  Heck, I might even struggle with something like this, especially if I've had my eye on something with that exact price tag for a while, and...

Sorry, I digress.

Getting to the point.

We all have gifts, the only difference is that some of us choose to use them (once they have been identified) and others choose not to.  So the monetary example was given to lend insight on the concept of Gift Squandering

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
     squan·der  /ˈskwändər/ 
Verb
*Waste (something, esp. money or time) in a reckless and foolish manner: "entrepreneurs squander their profits on expensive cars".
*Allow (an opportunity) to pass or be lost.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
I think the definition speaks for itself, but to shed further light on the subject... The basic idea behind this is to say; Use Your Gifts!!! Do not take anything for granted, because you do not know if that same gift will be present tomorrow. If you were blessed with the ability to sew, cook, write, sing, listen, speak, foretell, create, etc, etc, etc... USE IT!
Know that in using the gifts that HE has given you, you are in fact traveling your predestined path. However, you must be cautious so as to remain humble in said gift(s), as it can be taken away as quickly/ easily as it was given. Recognize that we are here to serve HIM, not the other way around.
 
Today, I task myself (and you) to look inward to determine, "what is my gift?... and how can I use it in a humble fashion to help others?"  Do NOT Squander your Gift(s)
 
BE the change you wish to see.
 
Peace and blessings.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts