Mind, Body & Soul

As a mother my instinct is to rush to the side of my children if/when they need me.  I would drop everything for them if they needed me.  When they are hurt, I am hurt and when they are happy, I am happy.  Nothing is too good for them... Nothing.

However I've noticed lately that I don't apply the same rules to myself.  I (perhaps as a mother, or maybe just as a woman) generally push my emotions or physical ailments aside for the sake of all around me because, well I tend to feel that my issues aren't important compared to the bigger picture. 

Why do I do this?  Why do I quietly function through pain and emotional discomfort when I tell all others not to?  What makes me less important?

Well the answers are simple... I'm clearly a masochist.  (Kidding)  Realistically speaking, I'm not sure why I do this.  However I do realize that this self depreciating behavior needs to stop.  Afterall, how can I help others if I can't even help myself? 

In order to follow the correct steps of the path to our destiny, we must make sure that we take care of ourselves.  We are all precious and must be treated accordingly. 

Tomorrow vow to take the first steps in taking care of YOUR Mind, Body and Soul... You are Worth It and deserve it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Well, were you inspired?...

Popular Posts