Breathe and Feel

Today,  I give myself permission to breathe and to feel.

Sounds pretty basic when I look at it in black and white.   However, the reality? ?.. Now that's a different story all together.  

I've existed for most of my life within an emotional fortress of solitude.  One that held no doors or windows, for effort of keeping out anyone that would attempt a single glimpse into my soul.  It provided all that I needed to avoid actually feeling the ups-and-downs that come along with the proverbial, letting the hair down.  It was comforting, it was home...
It was indeed, no true way to live.

After some time, I recognized the inequities that this shelter provided.  I was safe, but alone.  I was secure, but had nothing worth securing.

I say this because, I now recognize that although an open heart can lead to hurt; it can also lead to triumphs that would put the greatest kings to shame. 

As for breathing... of course this is metaphorically speaking,  This signifies that I give myself permission to exhale the frustrations, angers and disappointments that I may come across in my lifetime.  It enables me to "let go" as needed. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I'm not perfect, but I'm certainly trying.  Just remember to always Breathe and Feel.

*Peace and blessings*

Comments

Popular Posts