Home Patience

So we all know that, ”patience is a virtue”, but do we take time to acknowledge when we are using that virtue?

I've noticed that I tend to show greater patience in the face of strangers, than I do in my own home.  Hence the subject of, Home Patience.  It's pretty straightforward, but I'll expand.

Why do we show greater kindness to people we don't know, yet reserve our irritations and frustrations for those we are supposed to hold near and dear?  It seems backwards (although I'm not condoning negative behavior towards anyone).  In order to be true in any behavior, I think it should first be practiced/mastered in your natural environment (your home) and then used on a global level. 

Think about it... If you were training to become a jiu-jitsu master, would you begin training by going into an IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Federation) Championship match?  I'd like to think not.  Instead you would probably start in beginners training and work your way up.

So today I suggest practicing your patience at home first.  Treat those that you love with the same, if not more, compassion that you would a complete stranger.  I can almost guarantee that you will notice a change for the better.

*Peace and Blessing*

Comments

Popular Posts