Selfless Acts

I used to have constant instances of disappointment.  Mostly the disappointments stemmed from unmet expectations that I had unintentionally placed on those nearest to me.  I functioned under the concept that, "if I was capable/ willing to make certain sacrifices or go above and beyond for others; they should do the same for me".  Of course I can clearly see the flaw behind this concept...

I do things for people because I want to, not because I have to or I am looking for something in return.  I don't even aim to mention any of this now as a means of fishing for acknowledgement.  I simply bring this up as a valuable lesson.  Yes, do unto others as you would have them do unto you... However,  you should base your deeds on what HE dictates to your heart; not because of an unspoken promise of reward. 

Challenge yourself to do a single, random Selfless Act a day.  Do it because you want to, not because it'll stack your karma deck.   The return is internal and eternal.

*Peace and Blessings*

Comments

Popular Posts