Forced Solitude

Today I received a beautiful gift from above.  I didn't see it as a gift originally, in fact I resented everything about it...

First, I sent texts that went without response.  Then I extended an invite that was met with the offer of raincheck.  Then I went to make a phone call, but due to the weather; the line was down.  And just when I asked HIM for help, I could see the clouds clear just enough for me to have perfect clarity.  I was being forced into solitude.

I started to smile at the notion, because it almost felt like a practical joke (yes, HE does have a sense of humor).  I even said, ” good one,” out loud.

Then a song came on in the midst of my moment of clarity.  I love the song ordinarily, but something made me pay close attention to every word.  It felt as though, HE was speaking directly to my heart.  I was overwhelmed with love and felt tears flowing down my face.  (Even as I think of it now, I'm overcome with emotion.)

When we refuse to do things on our own, HE will make us.  Trust in HIM, he always knows what's best for us.  [TYJ]

*Peace and Blessings*

Comments

Popular Posts