The Faces of Strength

I used to get so irritated anytime someone cried around me.  It always felt so weak and manufactured to me.  I would always promise myself that I would never be that person, because I was too strong for that.

Today, I admit that my thoughts were flawed.  Yes, some people use tears as leverage in forcing the hand of others; but this is not always the case.  I recognize that sometimes tears are necessary to cleanse the soul.  They release the burdens of life and allow for a renewal of strength.

Do I suggest crying everyday?... No, but then again this is simply my opinion.  Everyone's limit on what they can carry is different. 

My steps from here?...
-I will try to grant myself permission to feel
-I will try to accept that people display their strength in different ways
-I will not shut someone down for their freedom of emotional release

Today, I recognize The Faces of Strength.

*Peace and Blessings*

Comments

Popular Posts