Glutton for Punishment

Why do we do things that we know aren't good for us?

For example, I'm extremely lactose intolerant, yet I love ice cream and will indulge in the occasional slice of cheese in a sandwich or burger.  I do it because I'm greedy.  (I can admit my shortfalls)  Yet I find myself in tremendous pain afterwards, just for the sake of momentary fulfillment.  I'm Glutton for Punishment.

Many times we as a people go for quick satisfaction rather than long term euphoria.  May I remind you that the phrase, ”quick and easy” has never been associated with anything of real worth. 

So today and moving forward, let's try to aim for quality.  If you know something isn't for you; don't force it.  HE will align you with what is truly for you, and give you true signs of what is coming to you as a detour or complete misdirection.

Letting go of that which is not for us makes room for blessings... Whether that includes love of ice cream, or something more serious. 

*Peace and Blessings*

Comments

Popular Posts