Loss

I'm no stranger to Loss... I don't think there exists anyone that is.  Of course the degree to which someone experiences loss varies from person-to-person.  However, the void generally remains constant amongst the masses.

Today actually marks the anniversary of me losing one of the most important people in my life... My father.  He was called before I even formed my first memory, but the loss is felt nonetheless. I guess you could say that loss became a part of my reality since before my cries greeted the world.

The thing about loss is that, honestly... The longing never goes away.  However, with faith and love; the hurt can potentially lessen. 

So I encourage you to hold on to the good memories... Pass on the stories... Express your love.  But most importantly... Live.  There is no better way to honor your past, than by making the most of your today.

*Namaste*

Comments

Popular Posts