Our Journey

Have you ever been around someone that picks up the mannerisms or even accent of the person or group they are around?  As in, this person generally has a british accent but now that they are in Texas, the southern draw is as thick as molasses? 

I sometimes find this to be a source of entertainment for its comedic connotations.  However, I'm using this situation to illustrate a point...

In order to progress on this journey, I have been forced many times over, to see myself.  I mean, really see myself.  It is in this image that I have began to fully accept myself for who I am.  So in this scenario it is imperative to stay true to myself in all circumstances. 

The bottom line?...
We shouldn't feel that we need to adjust ourselves for the sake of acceptance from others.  Personally, I love the color black... So why would I ever pretend to love pink just because the person next to me does?!

I recognize that we are ever evolving beings, so what applies today may not do the same tomorrow.  However, the core of our existences will generally remain constant even through growth.

So today, and moving forward I will embrace who I am.  I will love me enough to not try to become someone or something that I'm not.  We were created in HIS image, with individual purposes and paths.  We needn't change who we are, because when we do; we aren't being true to Our Journey.

Comments

Popular Posts