The Outsider

Sorrow used to follow me wherever I went.  It was so powerful that it affected my behavior, my viewpoint and my very existence.  I could barely take a breath without feeling sorrow's strong hold on my entire world. Then I reached up.  I asked for guidance, for help, for something bigger than myself.

Lately I've felt sorrow breathing on my neck once again.  Of course with HIS guidance and direction I have been able to stave off this looming cloud; but even the strongest soldier has moments of despair.  I recognize that challenges (real and imagined) are simply attacks on the heart of HIS people.  So it is in this knowledge that I find solace and reprieve.  However, I would be naive to not acknowledge these feelings, just long enough to cast them away.

Today, I pray off these feelings of being The Outsider within my own skin.  I denounce the enemy's attempt at taking ownership of my emotions.  I give myself permission to feel the sorrow, but only long enough to turn it on it's side.

I am HIS humble servant.  I follow HIS word.  I keep HIM first in my heart.  HE has called me to exist under HIS plans for my life...  Therefore, no weapons formed against me shall prosper!  Not mental, physical nor emotional.


*Namaste*



Comments

Popular Posts