A Fresh Start

So today, as I watched the purchase of a new cellular phone, something occurred to me.  I've always joked about clearing out old contacts and starting new with friends when it's impossible to save phone information... But perhaps there is in fact something to the notion.

In life, I feel that we are often granted certain mulligans, or do-overs; as what I can only deem as being a gift from HIM.  So who's to say the extent of these opportunities?  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not aiming to imply that you should lose touch with people that are true.  However, I don't feel there is much point in hanging on to every piece of the past.

Sometimes we need to take a moment to assess where people fit in our lives.  Are they merely a reminder of what once was?  Are they of a notable role in your life?

Again, my aim is not to cut people out because they've outlived their use (for lack of better phrasing).  I'm simply suggesting that we take better account with who we keep open ties.  We don't need to be in constant contact, but the contact that occurs should add value on both sides... Not simply serve to take space.

So today and moving forward, I will value quality over quantity.  I will accept my opportunities to make A Fresh Start with open arms. 

*Be the change you wish to see*

Comments

Popular Posts