Demons

When my daughter tells me she sees a monster, I tell her the following... ”You tell that monster to go away!  You let him know that he isn't welcome here and that he has to leave!” 

I lead with this because, everyone has faced their proverbial monsters and has their fair share of Demons.  Some more extreme than others, but we all have them no less.  They could be haunting memories from the past; a negative situation in the present; an abusive cohort; the constant urge to disregard what is in the now for the possibility of what could be in the future... Etc.

Yet, I feel that the real demons are not in the aforementioned things/situations, they are in us.  Let me explain.

Evil, when not being forcibly/ physically afflicted onto us, is given its only true power by us.  Let me put it this way... If we don't put gas in a car... It doesn't run, right?  Well the same can be said of demons.  If we are able to truly release the hurt, betrayal, anger, frustration, etc of that which we deem to have caused us harm or anguish... Then those demons no longer carry weight in our lives.

We must stop seeking a verbal or even silent apology for what has been done to us.  We must recognize that although we don't and can't control many situations, we are not victims.  HE has given us opportunity through love.  We are all here because HE loves us so much!  So why do we turn cheek and respond to one another in anger?!  Why must we always seek infinite retribution against invisible enemies?!

Please do not mistake and think that I am above these charges myself.  I too am but a mere mortal.  However, I choose to publicly recognize the err of my ways.  I acknowledge that my journey requires much work and diligence. 

Let today be the day that we begin to release our demons.  Let's collectively take away the enemy's power over us by walking in HIS love and light.  Focus on what is right... Not what could be/is wrong.  Let go of your demons.

*Namaste*

Comments

Popular Posts