Release

Confession - I have a tendency to be somewhat controlling.  I like to plan things ahead down to the detail.  I enjoy surprises, but I'd rather be prepared for whatever I'm walking into.  If there is a project at hand... I generally take the lead.

Of course all of this is somewhat laughable when I look from where I currently stand.  As I have never had less control over anything in my life as I do with my current path/purpose.  And yes, this is a lesson that I HAD to learn... I needed to Release control over to HIM in order to find true purpose and to find the comfort that I so desperately searched for by previously using my controlling nature.  It is only now... in this very moment that I realize that me being in control was simply a notion that I had concocted to try to force myself into getting a sense of self-actualization.  Yet in reality; it was completely counter-intuitive.

I now feel such adulation in knowing that it is through giving myself wholeheartedly to HIS will, that I can begin to find my truth.  It is in this release of power that I can accept that I don't need to hold the reigns in order to make sure I arrive at my intended destination.  And further... it is in this knowledge that I recognize that the destination is not mine to foretell!

Whew!  Give me a minute... I just went to church!

Today I recognize that ego is a constant struggle for us mere Earth bound souls.  This is why I choose to do my very best to push my ego to the side and recognize that not everyone that scoffs is of malicious intent.  Even the most educated person can demonstrate a lapse of judgement... These are not my burdens to carry. I know in my heart that I am HIS humble messenger, and I do not take this role lightly.  I accept that my truth does not run parallel with that of all those around me.  I recognize that the true test of fortitude does not come from outside challenges, but from those within our own hearts.

Today I find strength in HIS love and truth in HIS plan.  Today I Release in love that which does not stand to help me grow...


*Namaste*



Let go of the burdens that keep you from your truth.

Comments

Popular Posts