Sensitive

I used to think being called Sensitive was one of the worst things anyone could say to me.  It made me feel weak and degraded.  After my experiences yesterday (it was a rough day for me); I realize that my sensitivity is one of my blessings.  It allows me to see into the heart of another.  It compels me towards truth (good, bad or indifferent).

Today, I thank HIM for a new day.  Fore with it I am able to forge new resolutions within myself and learn new lessons about myself and the world around me.  I woke up this morning to a raging thunderstorm outside; and you know how it made me feel?... BLESSED!  I felt that HE was washing away my sorrows, disappointments and negativity of yesterday.

As for my being sensitive?... Well, it's still a constant struggle because I can see/ feel someones insincerity, their negativity, their challenges, their struggles, their insecurities.  Yet today I recognize that I can't give-in to the projected unhappiness of others because it will lead me back to my couch in tears.  Instead, I must run self-checks.  I must assess how I felt before my interaction with another.  I must then make the conscious decision on whether I will allow another to impact me in such a negative way that I question my purpose and myself as an individual (and even question those around me that are not involved in the moment at hand).

However, instead of focusing on the grief associated with being 'a sensitive' I will try to train my thoughts on the good aspects.  I have a deeper understanding of people around me and I now operate with compassion and empathy.

This journey is not an easy one; but most of the best things aren't easy.  Even when I'm in despair, I mustn't give up on the gifts HE has granted me.  HE always shows HIMSELF during times of trials, and when HE doesn't... I must hold tight to my faith.  None of this is a coincidence, as those don't exist.  My life, my purpose, my gifts, my existence are NOT mistakes... I must push forward and carry on through all obstacles.

Today, I will not allow negativity (direct or indirect) to pull me into a tunnel of sorrow and despair.  I will not become captivated by drama in any form.  I will simply walk ahead and remain in HIS love and light.  I suggest you do the same.


*Be the change you wish to see in the world*



Comments

Popular Posts