Set-up for Failure

Have you ever asked a question, expecting to get a specific response in return?  Or have you ever had your expectations not met and found yourself in a major state of frustration or even anger?  Maybe it's just me, but I've recently noticed that at times I ask a question that I know the answer to, just to illicit a response from the "target".

It's quite simply... a Set-up for Failure.  I know what you might be thinking... It's a way to catch someone in a lie.  Yet, that's not what I'm referring to.  In the majority of the situations that I'm referring to, it's a set-up for self.  Let me expand on this...

The reality is this.... People can never meet expectations of another.  They shouldn't even have to try.  However, when we live by The Golden Rule and by HIS direction; those unspoken expectations will always be met.  Not because we've put undue pressure on ourselves to impress another earthly soul, but because we are living as HE foretold.

So today and moving forward... I will try to stop functioning based on what "they" (the masses) will think/say/feel.  Instead I will simply live for HIM.  I strongly encourage you to do the same.  Stop setting yourself up for failure.


*Be the change you wish to see in the world*


Expectations on others are moot.
Live by HIS word and put the expectations on self.  

Comments

Popular Posts