Talk the Talk but Feign the Walk

The deeper I travel on my journey, the more truths I am introduced to.  A recent truth is that although people mean well, I have found that some people simply, Talk the Talk but Feign the Walk.  This can come in many forms, some but not limited to are...

  • Someone portrays themselves falsely (Ex.. say they are Gothic, but wear pink every other day)
  • Say they aren't afraid of the dark, but insist on a nightlight
  • Insist on always knowing the truth, but turn a blind eye and a closed ear when actually faced with it
  • Expresses belief through words, but refute all evidence that work to illustrate said beliefs
  • Etc, etc, etc [I think  you get the point]
To this I say... Have at it!  If someone chooses to present themselves through a viewer that is completely contradictory to their true self, then who am I to judge?!  Sometimes it is in these masks that our true selves can actually be discovered.  You wish to act and dress like me?... Well, I'm flattered.  You wish to blatantly lie to me?... If I choose to accept these falsities, then I can blame no one but myself if/when I become burned by what I already know to exist.

But I digress.  The point is this...
We are only given that which we choose to accept.  We are the ones that set the standards from the gate.  We can either choose to set these standards around HIS word or our own.  Although, I'm pretty sure you know the one I root for.

Bottom line.  In life, just as with friendships... we are able to decide who we keep in our lives.  If we work with them, we can keep things strictly business.  If they are in the family, we can limit interaction to holidays.  If they are our friends... well, why are they our friends?  So today is just as good a day as any to take a moment to reflect on whether you are in fact the person that is talking the talk while feigning the walk; or if you are living your truth.  The key is acceptance, not judgement.  Try to keep things positive for your own sake, you will find yourself freer and happier because of it.


*Namaste*


Find your truth and live it

Comments

Popular Posts