The Bubble Gun

Last night there was a storm.  It was a pretty big storm that brought tons of warnings from all weather stations and kept my phone buzzing from text updates on its severity.  Because of all the warnings, my husband and I were sure to bring in the potted plants from the balcony and to secure our chairs on the back deck... After-all, one can never be too safe.

Now, there were winds howling... thunder clashing... I believe even hail... and the rain whipped around like nobodies business! It was essentially the perfect summer storm.  Many places were even reporting power outages and damages from the high wind gusts.  [I'm getting to a point, I promise]

The funny thing is... you know how we brought in the plants (and even a small grill)?... Well, we did leave something on the balcony and it was completely unsecured.  We left our eldest daughter's bubble gun toy outside.  It wasn't on purpose... we just didn't think of it, as it wasn't high on the ole priority list.  So you can just imagine my surprise upon getting up this morning to discover that The Bubble Gun was still there!  I mean, WOW... the torrential downpour that this thing must've faced!

All of this to say...

As you may have read, yesterday was a bit of a struggle for me.  I was greeted with tons of negativity and voices of dismissal.  I truly wanted to curl-up and cry with each new message of defeat.  Yet, today... I see this Bubble Gun and realize... When I plant myself in HIS word and promise, truly nothing can tear me from the ground.

I know my truth, despite the enemy's best efforts to use those I come across to deter me from fulfilling my purpose.  I am overjoyed with the divine intersession (and messages from angels on Earth)  and the grace that has been given to me.  ME!...  Little ole me!  I am truly humbled by HIS love and will for me.  HE holds me up in strength even as I feel the weight of the world is too much to bear!

Today I will not allow the negativity to enter my heart and affect my soul purpose.  I will function with the understanding that although most people mean well... sometimes they aren't aware that their actions and words can keep someone from moving forward.  What people fail to realize is that even when they are in a positive place... sometimes their words function as a springboard that is placed on the back of another.  Yes, you might feel blessed, but if you lead a conversation with a negative... It is that same negative that leaves a first and lasting imprint on another.

What type of imprint do you aim to leave?



*Be the change you wish to see in the world*




Comments

Popular Posts