On Camera

*First, I have to apologize for being MIA.  My brain has been fried (literally and figuratively) this week... meaning it's extremely hot and I've been scatter-brained.  Anyhow; that's neither here nor there.  Getting to the point of this post...
 ------------------------------------------------------------------

With so much going on this week with my children, I've had little time for reflection.  However in the brief moments of stillness I've pondered one concept over many others.  This concept is simply really and it involves integrity.  According to my former place of employment; integrity is best defined as - what you/we do when no one is watching.  Simple... right?!

Well, let's think about this for a moment.  Does your behavior towards others change when you are in the public eye, versus when you are behind closed doors?  And if so... is this because you are in fact ashamed of said behavior and wish is not to be seen by those that you hold in high regard?

Please don't mistake this as being a blanket statement.  I am aware that some things must take place behind closed doors, and frankly... I'm more than happy to respect your privacy in this.  However, I'm more-so referring to how we treat others and even in some respects; how we regard ourselves.  

Apologies if I'm talking in circles [see "brain fried" comment above].

Bottom line is this... 
If we lived our lives as if we were On Camera I would like to think we would clean-up our acts.  We would ideally show more kindness and respect to one another.  We would represent ourselves in a manner, in which our future generations could/would be proud.  Yes, we have our reality shows of today that contradict this entire premise... however; our shows would reflect something other than drama for the purpose of ratings.  Our shows would serve as one of the greatest mirrors that could be held for not only us, but for the world to see.  

Again, we must always remember that our responsibility as individuals and as a whole is great.  We must leave a solid foundation on which future generations can grow and thrive without fear of persecution because of differences.  Treat others as you want to be treated and the show that you put out to the world, will be one of beauty and example.  Live by HIS word and I promise, you can't go wrong. 



*Truly become the change you wish to see in the world*




Comments

Popular Posts