Surrender

I used to think that the concept behind the word, Surrender, was completely weak.  I figured that one must stand strong in everything in order to best survive in today's society.  However, as I continue my journey... I am seeing all things through new, clearer eyes.

Today I understand that surrender can actually be a very beautiful thing.  In the context of which I speak, I'm referring to letting go of ego and therefore, giving your control to a higher power.  Letting go and let HIM, take the wheel.  (I'm sure you know the song).  In fact sometimes we hinder our own growth by holding on to something too tightly, when in fact we just need to let go.  

My current journey, harsh mirror and all; is showing me things that I never cared to discover about myself before.  I always figured my hard exterior was all I needed to ride through the days without ever feeling hurt or loss.  Of course, this is no way to live.  So today, I openly seek my flaws and I open myself up on bent knee to ask for guidance.  Because truly... I cannot handle everything alone.  The reality is that I must call on assistance in order to continue this journey.  The beautiful thing is that, help is always there when we need it... if we are willing to ask.  This help could come in the form of a relative, neighbor, friend or even complete stranger... We just need to surrender to HIS will and in doing so we will never be left alone!

I'm sure you've heard of the Footprints poem... Well, no matter who you believe in to serve as your guide in this existence... you must truly give in to faith.  HE is always at your side; and when you feel that HE's not, it's because HE is carrying you through the storm.

From this point on, I surrender my ego and my will to HIM and HIM alone.  



*Namaste*




Comments

Popular Posts