The Storms

I've had an epiphany... nothing mind altering, but it recently came to me and I would be verklempt if I ignored it.  Basically I've seen that every single struggle I've been through in my lifetime (big and small) have all been with a purpose.  They have served as lessons and examples to lend hope to those around me.  You see, sometimes we HAVE to go through burdens and hardships and heartbreaks in order to help someone else that will eventually have the same struggle.  It's basically the same notion as talking to your elders... in that we must learn from our forefathers in order to either 
  1. Not repeat the same mistakes
  2. Gain knowledge that will allow us to weather The Storms
While I was in the midst of my deepest struggles, I never thought I would see the end of the tunnel.  I actually found solace in the tunnel's dark embrace and began to become one with its solitude and silence.  I would dive into the farthest corners of my mind and remain there for hours upon hours and days upon days.  I literally wanted everything to end so that I would no longer have to be a burden to those around me.  It was the most difficult time of my life...

Yet today I can tell the story with clarity and without feeling triggered to return to the cocoon of despair because I am on the opposite end of the spectrum.  Do I have my struggles?... Definitely!  Anyone that would attempt to say otherwise would most likely fail a lie detector test.

Here is the bottom line.  We all have struggles, issues, drama (however you want to call it)... but we must hold on to the knowledge that once we come through to the other side (and we will)... we will be so much better for having experienced it.  It may sound weird or crazy, but if you saw someone headed on a downward spiral to catastrophe and you knew how to stop it from taking place because of having been there yourself; wouldn't you step in?  Think of it like this... would you not cure a dying person if you had the remedy in your hands?  


I'm not saying you will always be heard; but inaction in the face of a possible solution is worse than giving your back to a family member in the midst of them asking for help.  




Comments

Popular Posts