Forge My Destiny

The other day I was shopping (nothing new), and when I went to check-out the register decided to disregard a portion of my transaction causing the end total to be more than it should have been.  Of course I voiced my disagreement with the overall cost as soon as I saw what had happened.  It's funny because had this exact same moment happened a year ago, I would have probably just paid the extra cost while internally cursing myself for not having spoken up.  But I digress.

So back to the register... There I am, with both of my daughters and I decide to interrupt the flow of activities by speaking up on my own behalf.  This in turn required us to wait for management to step in to correct the computer error.  So I just waited patiently near the original cashier.  To fill the dead air, I decide to joke about how I have the tendency to "shutdown lanes".  It was in this moment that the cashier looked directly at me and told me, "don't speak that into existence, speak positivity onto your life."  It was such an eye opening moment.

Here I am focusing on changing for the positive yet my humor is consistently self degrading when I am faced with moments of discomfort.  Why didn't I see it for myself?  Well, in hindsight I know that because everything happens for a reason; I was supposed to have this mirror held up to reflect the manner in which I stifle my own personal growth.  Why do I have the tendency to joke about myself for the sake of making another feel more comfortable?  You see, this exact moment had to occur in order for me to progress past it.  

So these are questions that I've had to face as I continue to grow through HIS light and love.  Truth is I am dynamic! You are dynamic too!  However, our words and thoughts have a very strong hold on our lives collectively and individually.  So when we speak negatively about things, then guess what... we are inviting that sorrow, that hindrance, that stigma into our lives.  Yet when we speak words of encouragement, empowerment and positivity... then we are calling their partners into our world.  

This is why today I choose to Forge My Destiny by sowing seeds of purpose and growth.  Even if/when times are tough (probably even more so when times are tough) I must make a conscious effort to call upon that which will elevate.

Think about it this way... when you make a phone call, you ask for a specific person by name.  As soon as you lift the phone, or dial through hands-free, you are directing your intentions to reach that which you seek.  Intentions are equivalent to placing a phone call.  So this is where I ask... Who do you want to call upon to make impact on your life's journey?  You may want to think hard about it before you pick up the phone.  Metaphorically speaking of course.  ;)  

~Peace and Blessings~





Comments

Popular Posts