Confession

I have a bit of a Confession.  I used to be pessimistic and completely cynical to everything and everyone.  I would scoff at anyone that seemed to carry what I deemed to be a fake joyous demeanor.  And I would secretly judge persons that appeared to portray themselves as perfect, because I felt they were inauthentic.  The list goes on, but I'll spare you the rest.

I mention this now because my views have since changed in such a drastic way.  I get it now!  I now am beginning to understand the truth behind "fake it until you make it".  I am wise enough to know that sometimes we must focus on and exacerbate the positive moments of our lives in order to not fall into and be consumed by the negatives.  I recognize that no one leads a picture perfect existence, because that concept only exists on the silver screen.  However, we attract what we put out... so why not focus on the greatness of each moment in hopes of enhancing it ten-fold?

Here's what I know... yes, it can sometimes be annoying to run across Mr/Miss Sunshine and Daffodils when we are having an off day.  Yet I propose a new idea.  How about the next time we feel like scum that's been sitting in a bathtub for a week (what?... I know it's not just me); we try to look for the silver lining.  Why not adopt some of the positivity that surrounds us instead of attempting to spread darkness and gloom?  I know, I know, I know... it isn't easy; but it is important!  

Think about it this way.  When you look to people that focus on darkness versus those that focus on light, do you notice any difference?  Is there a divide between those whom exude happiness versus those that show sadness/ frustration/ anger/ malevolence?  

So from today on... I will try to remain grounded in reality, while focusing on the goodness in my life.  I will do my best to make the most out of anything/everything that comes my way.  And in moments in which this becomes a true struggle, I won't get down on myself.  I simply won't dwell in these periods of wilderness any longer than what HE uses to lead me to my life lessons.  Instead I will keep moving through the trees and keep my eyes trained on finding the nearest source of love and light.

Happiness and positivity is not a destination... it is the key to the vehicle navigating us on our journeys.  It is up to us to choose our method of transportation.  Choose wisely.


*Peace and blessings*




Comments

Popular Posts