Misunderstood

I've found that sometimes the people I most hope to understand and embrace my complexities have the most difficult time with accepting the notion of my being truly different.  Don't get me wrong... I am loved beyond measure; this is one thing I have absolutely no question about.  However in my experience, sometimes those that you silently cry out to are the ones that are the hardest of hearing.  I don't fault anyone for their adverse response to whom I've found myself growing into, yet it doesn't lessen the disappointment from my feeling Misunderstood.  

So this is what I know.... in traveling this journey, I have decisions and opportunities in great abundance.  My free will tells me that I can choose whom I allow into the sanctity of my heart, mind and circle.  (Yes... sanctity... because I feel those that we keep closest are a reflection of ourselves now and of where we wish to be.)  However, I learn to either accept or release people as they are, and in doing so I am at peace with their decision to do the same as it relates to me.

None of us are perfect, outside of being perfect versions of ourselves within the current moments.  Yet I am growing to learn that sometimes change can be too much to wrap arms around.  It is a fact that sometimes our paths are simply not meant to intersect or even run parallel with that of our neighbor.  However, if we are to remain true to this journey the embrace or release should always be done in love... even when the enemy tries to tell us otherwise.  

Trust HIS light and love to carry you through... with it; you will realize that contrasting opinions are what makes this Earthly exist flow with beauty.  Doesn't mean you have to agree; just means you are OK with being different.

So today I accept nonacceptance; but I don't allow it to define me or reduce me.    

*Peace and Blessings*



Comments

Popular Posts