Are We There Yet?

There are lessons in everything when we open ourselves to receive.  For instance, my daughter has the habit of asking the age old question, "Are we there yet?" whenever we leave our home to go to any destination... regardless of if it consists of 2 steps or 222.  So this morning when she made a similar inquiry, I stopped to think about the true notion behind such a question.

Fact is I frequently become impatient when it comes to my journey towards my greater destiny.  I get this feeling that my finger is just resting on the place where I am meant to be, yet every time I stretch to grab it... I push it just out of my reach.  I hunger for promise and devour the slightest crumb tossed my direction to the point where I am constantly left with an empty plate.  It's a double edged sword.  The harder I push... the more I am resisted; yet it is that same drive that keeps moving me forward to that which I am predestined to achieve.  

So here is what I take away from this... Sometimes I needn't keep looking ahead in anticipation of my destination and instead embrace and take-in the current moments for all that they are worth in order to enjoy the journey.  I will try to understand that the steps I take in the here-and-now are just as important as the end result.  So I will make a better effort to ground myself in the warmth of HIS love and light whilst releasing all else until the time is right.  

I let my heart guide me and trust in HIM to move me in the right direction.  

*Sometimes we have to let go, in order to gain*


Click image to view Official Marisa Moments Facebook Page
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: TheMarisaMoments@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts