Control My Mood

Proverbs 16:32 
"Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city."

Sometimes I joke with friends about my transformation.  I realize it's a symptom from my former self that has me continue self belittlement in the face of discomfort... but I digress.

I joke that I'm turning into a hippie and that I'm always searching for my chi.  Although I say it in a light manner to create a more cohesive delivery it is actually very true.  I've never been one to fit into any real mode to be spoken of.  I've always kind of marched to the beat of a different drum.  (The vibrations I feel and that of which I send are specific to Me.)  

All of this to say one of the characteristics that I truly pride myself in having is a slow temper.  Now please don't mistake my words as an indication that I have no temper because as you may have read in my Author Bio... I am a mother, so remaining even keel throughout tantrums is a feat that even I must work to master.  Yet, this does not prevent me from trying to attain a better hold on my response and longstanding internal emotional state in the wake of adversity.  Simply put I must learn how to Control My Mood so that my mood does not control me.

Today I will try to be quick to concern, slow to anger and warp speed to recover my mood to a state of peace.  Remember, the actions of others rarely have anything to do with us.  Act in peace, love and light because the universe is like a boomerang and what you put out will inevitably come back to you.  


*Be the change you wish to see in the world*




Click the image to visit the Official Marisa Moments Facebook Page
Don't forget to LIKE the page for daily updates and inspiration

Comments

Popular Posts