Learning From Children

Today my youngest daughter was walking with her eyes closed and fell down... no worries, she is fine.  Her immediate response was to cry out, run to me for a tight hug and to release her hurt through cries.  (Again, she is completely fine.)  I mention this because I feel that I can learn a great deal from this brief/passing moment.

Here's what I get from this event...
It's OK to release emotion as it is experienced.  I try so often to pretend that I'm not affected by things when in reality, this couldn't be further from the truth.  It could be simply who I am, how I was raised, my environment... who knows... yet what I know is that I swallow down emotions in a harsh gulp.  I am always fighting the pain/ burden/ anger/ sorrow that sit as a lump in my throat.  
"I am strong.  I am too strong to wear my heart on my sleeve... I am the rock; I am the anchor that holds things in place.  I bring stability to all those that cross my path."
... But why?

I think it is time that we break down the walls that we have worked so hard to build against ourselves and each other.  So today I will try to embrace my emotions as they come.  I will allow myself to truly feel that which needs to be felt.  Yet I will bear in mind that while I may experience negative emotions, they don't have to embody who I am as a person.  Today I am focused on Learning From Children in the areas that truly matter.  


 *Be the change you wish to see*


Click above image to visit the Official Marisa Moments Facebook Page
Twitter: @MarisaMoments

Comments

Popular Posts