Special Gifts

I've been doing a lot of reading/studying lately... I've been focused on self discovery and finding out what I truly am.  Of course I'm finding that the ”what” of my existence is of no real consequence.  I can be given different labels, yet they only stand to bring comfort to those that choose to use them towards me.  In reality, I am that I am. 

Yet I digress. 

In my readings I have seen a common thread.  This thread indicates that we all have it within us to open up to a greater state of consciousness.  Yet many choose to remain asleep due to various factors of disbelief, discomfort, etc.  But again, this is not my focus.  My point is that many aim to downgrade the notion that there exists within us Special Gifts.  They would have us believe that there is nothing special about us, when truth-be-told... That couldn't be any further from the truth.

Look at it this way: true enough many people can sing, whilst others can be trained to sing.  Yet we must openly acknowledge that there are those that have been born with a beautiful ability to sing in a way that can bring chills, elicit emotion from tone, unite people through a single message.  This my friends, is a gift. 

I say this to you as much as I say it for myself... There is no need to downplay that which HE has blessed you with. We all have a natural gift (singing, artist, cosmetology, sports, seeing, communication, leading, listening, etc, etc, etc).  We need but become comfortable in ourselves so that we may discover what our gift is, without looking to our neighbor to emulate theirs. 

So today, I will look within my heart and soul to allow my natural gift(s) to soar freely.  And I will not allow anyone or anything to dull the brilliance of my internal glow.  I pray that you will give yourself chance to do the same.

*Namaste*



Comments

Popular Posts