The Rains

Today is such a gloomy day outside.  It's raining down buckets and the skies are grayed by the clouds.  You wanna know something? I'm feeling GREAT!  I don't say this to brag, I promise I have a point.

Thing is, many times we associate our emotions with what is going on around us.  We are so influenced by other things and people that surround us that it truly becomes seemingly impossible to see the sun amongst the clouds.  Interesting enough; we rarely recognize this in ourselves until the storms have passed.

Think about it for a moment... If someone around you is in turmoil, do you find yourself radiating with happiness when you are in their presence despite their tears?  Or do you have the tendency to downplay happiness in the face of sorrow?  I don't aim to suggest either approach is right or wrong; as this notion is in the eye of the beholder.  I simply mention this to shed light into an otherwise dark area.

Today I embrace the happiness in my heart yet an empathetic to those that do not share my feelings of elation.  I have decided to feel the emotions and pain of those around but to not take them into my being.  I choose to embrace my gifts in a way that is beneficial to those in need, yet I do not allow myself to be defined by what I do.  I am that I am.  

Remember, The Rains will come so we must learn how to dance in it instead of avoiding them altogether.  


*Peace, Blessings and Healing* 


Please click the image above to visit the Official Marisa Moments Facebook Page
Don't forget to LIKE the page for daily updates and inspiration

Comments

Popular Posts