Hiding when I Need to Seek

Over-thinking has always been the name of my game.  I say something or type something and wonder if I should have rephrased my words so that I can prevent sounding aggressive or uncaring.  I even try to smile as I type a message just in the hopes that the warmth can be felt as words are read.  I don't necessarily see this as a character flaw; it just means that I care... A lot.

This caring then has the tendency to lead to hurt.  The problem isn't in that I care, but in that my over thinking often causes me to pull back when reality screams for me to push forward.  The lesson in my inaction is simple... I must hold firm to my truth no matter the consequences.  I can't refrain from representing HIS words for fear of rejection.  True enough some may disregard what I attempt to say, but my focus need not be strained by darkness or dejection.  I must keep my eyes trained on the light and trust that those that are meant to listen, and follow... Will.

Today I recognize that I must stop Hiding, when I Need to Seek.  My light shines evenly for all to see, and my directive is to invoke change in the hearts and actions of those that are willing.  This doesn't mean that I don't care about the ones that choose an alternate path; it means that I aim to awaken those that are tired of the slumber.

So, are you ready to wake-up?


*Be the change you wish to see*

Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments

Comments

Popular Posts