Rough Start... Smooth Ending

This morning started off with the proverbial hand reaching out to grab and pull me back into my past.  It was not a malicious act, nor do I feel it was a potential grounding towards my former self but none-the-less; it caught me off guard.  Had this been 2-years ago, I probably would not have given it a second thought, yet I am now at a place of looking for lessons in everything.  I find it funny that the enemy will try to keep me in my place in the exact moments that I look to propel towards new heights.  

Here are the facts:   I'm a very traditional person in many respects.  I believe in definitive boundaries when it comes to certain relationships and although I stand firm in my beliefs I try to not project them onto others.  Yet I find myself astonished when certain lines are crossed or the growth of others is stunted by remaining focused on the days of old.  

The point of this is not to vent (well maybe a little bit of venting); but to shine light on something I have been just as guilty of as the next.  Think about when you run into someone that you haven't seen or heard from in years.  Odds are good you will comment on physical change and begin to reminisce on the times that were.  This is where I highlight that there is a vast difference between reminiscing and remaining in the past. 

We must embrace change and growth if we hope to improve our way of being.  After all, we hinder growth when we place ourselves in the box labeled, 'the good ole days' because we are essentially telling ourselves that there are no more good times to be had.  So today I remind myself that although others may not fully embrace the notion of change or boundaries, I do not have to be defined or held by who I was.  Today I stand able to view the past without having to be engulfed by it.  Today I control my perceptions and alter reality by claiming my Rough Start WILL become a Smooth Ending.

Progress isn't about forgetting where you came from; it's about releasing that which tethers us to what we no longer wish to be.  Growth is a good thing.  

*Peace and Blessings*


Click image to visit The Official Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: Marisa Moments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Tumblr: MarisaMoments

  
 

Comments

Popular Posts