Weighted

Sometimes the weight of reality comes crashing down on my heart in such a heavy way.  I can be in the middle of something great and then out-of-the-blue, I feel washed with sorrow and despair.  It's as if I am lifted out of my moment of happiness and promise, just to be delivered to angst.  I have no explanation in the moment as I am generally caught off guard.  

Isn't that just how things go?  I mean, you are in the middle of a peak moment and then something; anything happens to shake you from that moment and brings you back to reality.  For instance, today I was having a grand ole time making strawberry pancakes and turkey bacon for my family; I was feeling like a real Suzy Homemaker when suddenly I notice the freezer has stopped freezing.  I mean... Really, freezer… Really?!  So there I go, from whipping up a lovely breakfast in bed for my hubby to wondering how I'm going to prevent our food from spoiling.  ARGH!  Why did this happen?!

As the items began to defrost and my patience grew thin I literally had to stop myself for a moment to prevent my thoughts from spiraling to that of complete devastation.  And guess what? As soon as I took a moment to breathe in patience and exhale understanding, I had an aha-moment.  I grabbed a bin, a garbage bag and some plastic handle bags and my husband and I started pulling all the food out of the freezer and loading it into the bags and then the bin.  After all the food was loaded and ready, my husband carried the bin to our front balcony and set it outside.  That's it.  

You see, I was so concerned with the what-ifs of the moment that I was blocking my own vision/clarity.  As soon as I let go of the angst, I could see that HE had already set us up with a free, albeit temporary, replacement for the time required for repair.  

So when I get the urge to complain about how cold it is outside or I begin feeling Weighted from the pressures of life’s curve-balls; I will remind myself that not only does everything happen for a reason, but I can overcome any obstacle that comes my way.  After all, when smaller events compare to the greater picture... well, they don't.  

Experience is about perception.  Shift your perceptions to alter your reality.  


*Peace and Blessings*


Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 

Comments

Popular Posts