Intentions Over Resolutions

This time of year always gives me a little chuckle.  I pick-up the newspaper to thumb through the sales papers, and see nothing but workout equipment and its matching attire.  The great corporate push to feed into our insecurities and perpetuate the hype around making a New Year's resolution.  I mean, there is nothing wrong with making a resolution and I don't have anything against a commitment to a healthier lifestyle.  However, I do take issue with the capitalistic approach behind pushing an agenda that is beyond our own needs as a people.  Yes, we need to be healthy but I don't think we need to carry "the look" behind our efforts.  Our actions should speak for themselves without needs a fluorescent barbell. (If working out is your thing.)

Me personally, I despise exercise and make no qualms about it.  I make effort to watch what I eat and get exercise by way of walking most places.
res·o·lu·tion noun 1a firm decision to do or not to do something.

in·ten·tion noun 1a thing intended; an aim or plan.
Hmmmm, why in the world did I just stick two definitions in the middle of this post?!  It's because although we all know the literal definition behind the two terms, we often fail to bring them to fruition.  Therefore I propose that instead of making resolutions, we set intentions towards that which we wish to achieve.  We all know that joke about resolutions being made simply to be broken; well perhaps this is the year to change things.  Perhaps this will be the year that we recognize the fact that we don't need to feed into materialistic or shallow notions that imply we must alter our physical appearance.  Maybe, just maybe, this is the year we set intentions of returning to our normal nature and embrace the truth... We are beings of love and light.  Once we embrace our true potential, there is no limit as to what we can achieve as a society.  We must learn to coexist from love.

Whew!  I just went off on a tangent!

Bottom line is this... We don't need the turning of the year to decide to do better for ourselves and each other.  We need but take a single step forward and leave our comfort zone of seclusion.  Remember, change is as difficult as we choose it to be.

*Peace and Blessings*


Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 




Comments

Popular Posts