One Step

It has been over a year since I decided to change my life.  It is very fitting that my decision to become a more positive person came upon the precipice of the New Year.  The events that stirred the pot of determination were very bitter-sweet, yet I now understand that sometimes it takes an unfortunate event to ignite the light of hope within us.  I can recall my heartbreak from seeing the mass school shooting and from hearing of the passing of a person with close ties to the ones I hold dear.  I can remember thinking to myself, "why?  Why do these 'bad' things happen to 'good' people?"

Then something occurred to me.  I looked to my family and had a great sense of gratitude wash over my entire being.  I recognized that I had everything I ever needed right in front of me and I could feel the preciousness of life and truly understood that tomorrow was not promised, so I needed to make the best of today.

I still have my moments of proverbial backsliding in which the 'old me' rears her ugly head and I slip into the mindset of negativity.  So, I have been working diligently on controlling my thoughts and having reign over that which I focus on and perceive.  The bottom line is this... anyone is capable of change if they truly want to.  However, if you don't... you will find excuses as to why you feel it impossible.

My glance over the shoulder is one of great progress and hope.  It has not been an easy journey by any stretch, and I know that I will never reach the end; however I will continue to push forward.  Today I recognize that as my steps have led to miles of uplifting adjustments, you can too.  My journey does not serve as a point-by-point map for others to follow, yet if I can get you to take a closer look at how you process things in life... my work is done.

Know this... taking the first step towards a more positive and fulfilling life is difficult, but it is not impossible.  There will be times in which you feel like the only person in the world, there will be times that you are tempted and coaxed back towards negativity, but trust in knowing that you can and will have the final say if you choose to function through love and light.  Keep moving forward.

*Peace and Blessings*

Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 

Comments

Popular Posts