Overwhelmed

Tis the season of giving, receiving and everything in between.  Such happy times and memories; getting together with those we rarely see and breaking bread in the name of celebration.  Yet, there is also another side to this season... The feelings of loss, memorial, and let us not forget the all-famous sense of being completely overwhelmed. 

Recently I had a situation with my planned attack of generosity.  My gift order only partially shipped, resulting in my canceling the items and having to start from square one.  I was very overwhelmed in an instant.  All I could think of was my ever expanding to-do list and the time that was slipping away.  Simply put, I lost touch with the true purpose of this season.

Fact is there are bigger things to think about than my worries of control.  Think about it... To some, this time of year brings pain from the loss of loved ones past, while others don't even celebrate these specific holidays of frenzy.  Bottom line for me is I need to get my priorities in order when it comes to Christmas.  Materialistic representations of emotion should be secondary to the relationships and time spent with one another.  True enough my notion of perfection may not be fulfilled, but perhaps that IS my lesson in these moments.  Sometimes we are shown chaos in order to look for the internal "eye of the storm".  We must always remember to bring it back to one, breathe and then carry on with our priorities in order of importance.

It's not easy, by any stretch but we are in this together.  So as I emit strength amidst perceived moments of being overwhelmed, I allow the strength to come back to me.  Remember, nothing is ever as bad as it initially seems when we just take a step back and look at the bigger picture. 


Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 



*TY NG*

Comments

Popular Posts