The Fog

The weather is making a drastic change today, which has caused the fog to start rolling in.  I find it fascinating how that works... think about it for a second.  When there is a quick and drastic change in temperature a fog results.

fog [fôg,fäg/] noun
a thick cloud of tiny water droplets suspended in the atmosphere at or near the earth's surface that obscures or restricts visibility

As I walked my daughter home from school and observed the weather around me I suddenly felt a philosophical awareness as it related to the journey of my life.  I was inclined to look behind me and saw that the fog that had previously appeared so dense had a slightly greater clarity after I passed through it.  Whereas the place I currently stood was crystal clear.  Then when I looked ahead to the path in front of me, it seemed as if the fog was much denser.  You see... the land that I had passed through (the past) was clearer in hindsight, the present was transparent and the area ahead (the future) was a thick mist.  Such as life.  

I find that although I have a clearer perception on the reality of my past, I must remind myself to be grounded in the present moments.  In remaining grounded, I can ensure clarity for that moment.  No, that doesn't serve as a guarantee for 'right' decisions and steps; but it does help.  For if I am constantly looking back or focusing on the distant future, I might miss a step in the gifted clarity of today.

Just remember that when there is a drastic shift or change in our lives, we must focus on the moment(s) at hand.  Looking to resurrect the past or focus on the distant future only serve to block our clear vision of today.  So today I will continue moving forward even when the fog seems to be in its densest state.  

*Peace and Blessings*

Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 



Comments

Popular Posts