Whispers of Inadequacy

There is a consistent whisper in my ear.  It speaks of my inadequacies; it questions my choices; it tells of my physical imperfections.  The voice is always there, leaning on my nerves and twisting my emotions to unrecognizable distortions.  I look in the mirror and struggle to see beyond the surface flaws.  I hear voices of the past mocking my journey and exacerbating my struggles.  They tell me that I am alone on this path and suggest surrender.

Yet and still, the voices are simple thoughts and they gain strength only as I assign it.  The words, be it good or bad, meaning nothing more than that which, 'Webster' decides.  I am only a 'failure' until I recognize my triumphs; I am only 'weak' during the preemptive strikes to strength.

Yes, the whispers persist; but I am in control of my perceptions.  I am the only one that can shape my reality, so I continue to wear my suit of armor to stand as a soldier of love and light in the battle against negativity.  I don't allow my momentary lapses in determination to end or even detour my journey.  I recognize in my heart and soul that I am not alone because I am you and you are me.  Together we represent the divine and we work to uplift one another at all times, including times of self-doubt.  True enough, not everyone will understand this journey; but as we continue to shine as beacons, we will persist in the mission to wake-up others from their slumber.  We will ignite a great spark of love, hope and light in one another to serve as the catalyst of change.

The paths we walk are different but our existence thrives through our connections.  Self understanding and security is paramount to achieving full awakening, yet we will always need one another.  We need but remember that the next time the whispers suggest defeat, we must let our actions scream triumph through love.


*Peace and Blessings*

Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 

Comments

Popular Posts