Alone Amongst the Crowd

I can't lie... right now I feel like the lone man amidst the crowd.  Everyone is walking by me and I stand there, unable to utter a word, unable to catch even the slightest glimpse of acknowledgement.  It can be very humbling to feel as if you are alone, even when you are among a mass of others.  Wondering why things happen as they do... wondering why it seems that the scales are tipped when it comes to concern.  I keep thinking about how every-single-time I am met with illness or perceived tragedy; my moment is overshadowed by the event of another.

Please don't misread my words and think that I do not care about the lives and tragedies of others, because that couldn't possibly be farther from the truth.  However, in moments of weakness (such as now); my focus seems to train on how things just don't seem to work out for me.  I wonder, what I have done in my life (past and present) that would lead me to such events.

Then I force myself to take pause and truly dive deep within my thoughts to bypass the victim mentality and see the opposite side of this coin.  As I do so, I am made aware that yes, my tragedies and triumphs generally coincide with that of another; and true enough that I often end-up weathering a storm alone.  BUT... it is because I CAN!  Again, not saying that another could not go through what I've experienced but I would be amiss if I didn't acknowledge the growth that has been direct result of my moments of solitude (perceived or otherwise).

Choices, events and outcomes are the result of free will as guided by the powers that be.  Everything that we perceive as happening to us, are simply ways to help us gain strength and learn to overcome that which we could have never imagined on our own.  Sometimes it may seem like a cruel joke, but the bigger picture is what it is all directed towards.  It is up to us whether we go towards a negative or positive ultimate destiny based on the experiences in our lives.

*Peace and Blessings*


Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 

Comments

Popular Posts