Fresh Start

Yesterday started off as a Grumpers McGhee day for me.  I could blame the sleep deprivation, amongst a host of other factors, however, in this moment they are all moot points.  I bring up my 'tude from yesterday because today has brought new perspective and new opportunity.  You see, I could easily allow the emotions of yesterday to leak into the newness of today; but I won't.  Instead I take today as the fresh start it is.

Each new day that we are here on Earth offers new chances to move forward from the pain/anger/hurt, etc of our many yesterdays.  I am now seeing that holding on to negativity in any way does not serve me.  On the contrary, it only hinders my progress towards becoming a more balanced and positive soul.  So today, as we embark on a new year; I choose to accept this fresh start to reshape my perspectives.  I recognize that I will always find what I seek, therefore, the choice of whether I choose to see positive or negative is completely up to me.

I will not allow myself to be overcome by the whispers of damnation and inadequacy.  I will be still amidst any storms that may try to come my way.  I will fix my gaze to see the brighter side of things; and in the moments that I feel overwhelmed, I will simply give myself a moment to breathe in peace and exhale understanding.  Today I clear the slate of the issues of old, while making sure I have addressed them in a manner that will provide me freedom from the lessons learned.

Thing of it is, yes... we all deserve and need a fresh start.  However we must remain cognizant that this does not mean we allow life to trample us for the sake of remaining neutral.  We must stand our ground from a loving perspective and reflect inward to assure we walk away from all experiences with the intended lessons, so that we do not doom ourselves to be caught in a repetitive cycle.  So embrace the fresh start, but be sure you have thoroughly cleared the slate.


*Peace and Blessings*


Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 

Comments

Popular Posts