Power Struggle

I really have to laugh at myself... I'm over here thinking about my struggles.  Reflecting on everything that I go through in terms of burden and I realize that it is me and me alone that bring about my own struggles.  You see, I'm the type of person that likes to force things that aren't naturally there, I believe they refer to it as Type-A personality.  Ya know, a real control freak.  If something doesn't fit I push it and morph it until it does fit, regardless of if I have to break it along the way.  I believe in controlling everything.  

Yet and still, I realize the insanity behind this thought process. I mean who am I to control things that are outside of my realm of existence?  There is no serenity behind my actions. It seems as if, throughout my wanting to control outcome of everything and everyone that cross my path, the universe is speaking loudly to me, yet I have the tendency to not listen.  It tells me that I need to release and let go of that which is outside of my control and practice restraint in my daily dealings. 

True enough my control and power extend farther than the eye can see (as does yours).  However if I am to truly walk the path towards my destiny I must release that which is completely out of my control and focus more on the things that I can impact or change.  I tend to get so wrapped up on the bigger picture that I forget to focus on the smaller moments; which lead me to becoming completely overwhelmed.  The good news is that I haven't allowed the feelings of being overwhelmed to paralyze my actions.  But sometimes I do get sidetracked by the thoughts of the things that I have yet to do and can't see my nose despite my face.  However, this is the time for me to let go... to stop trying to have such control on smaller things, which in the end are of no real consequence.  Yes that might mean that I miss cleaning up every now and then, or that my kids are allowed to run a little freer than usual.  The end results of my letting go and releasing some of the control will outweigh the stress of hovering over all of the minute details of my life and the lives of those around me.   

After all, the way for people to truly learn is to allow them to live and make their own mistakes in order for them to progress from there.  So although I may have the ability to see the different outcomes, that does not mean that I must intervene on free will or even more-so, attempt to hold the reigns when it comes to controlling which outcome comes to fruition.  Sometimes the strongest power is the power and ability to allow things to flow naturally.

*Peace and Blessings*


Comments

Popular Posts