Sidetracked

Lately I've been having real issues with my focus.  I get distracted by the slightest things and have found myself feeling drained from the notion of my journey.  It seems as if the more people I reach, the more I become drained.  Yet and still, this is my one-sided thought process, because I also realize that the more people I reach... the brighter my light is able to shine.  You see each time we ignite a spark of hope and enlightenment in another, we add to our own brilliance because we are all an extension of each other.  So it is my train of thought that has encouraged physical symptoms to manifest within my very being.  I think that I'm drained, and focus on all the work I have yet to accomplish and wah-lah... I am drained!  The ultimate self-fulfilling prophesy.

There is great power in thought!

So in this moment I must choose whether I wish to perpetuate the notion of defeat and stress; or if I would rather function through possibility and victory.  The choice is mine, and mine alone.  True enough I am aware that I am forever at the beginning of my journey, regardless of the strides I make.  Fact is the process of awakening/enlightenment is never-ending.  Even as I grow and share my lessons with you, I am in a perpetual state of matriculation.  However, my matriculation does not involve schools of brick-and-mortar; my school is that of the universe and my teachers are my fellow man.

Indeed, I recognize that becoming sidetracked is a part of the human process.  Even as I attempt to type this post, I am distracted by life in the form of a screaming child, looming housework and endless items on the ever-growing to do list.  Yet, I must train myself to not get bogged down or feel defeated by the things I have yet to accomplish, when a simple glance to the past reveals the mountains and hurdles that I have already overcome.  So instead of focusing on what still needs to be done and allowing myself to become distracted by the weight of things to come, I will train my gaze on being grounded in the moments as they currently exist.

It doesn't mean that I will or won't cross items off my to-do list; but it does mean that I will be okay with my accomplishments, strive towards my goals and not wallow in my perceived losses.  Today I choose to focus on what is.

*Peace and Blessings*


Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com
 


Comments

Popular Posts