Zombie Apocalypse

I absolutely LOVE zombie movies and scary films of the sort, even though I have to shield my eyes much of the time.  However, I mention this because I just returned from the grocery store (I promise I'm going somewhere with this).  As I walked the aisles of this big box store, I couldn't help but notice that the other customers had a look of defeat and a methodical way of moving.  No one looked at one another; they were all lost within themselves and functioning from a singular standpoint.  They crossed paths with one another, without an utterance.  It was as if they could not see one another.  Was I the only one that thought to smile and say hello?  Why did it seem as if people became uncomfortable from my attempts to be cordial?  It felt colder inside the store than it did as I walked outside to face the snow drifts and wind-chills of -3°.

The world as we know it is growing towards two distinctly different notions.  There are those that aim to rekindle the flame of unity; whilst others accept the corporate-driven notion of separatism.  The latter group always on missions that require direct movements and stealth thought processes.  Whereas the former, re-adapting to the truth, in that we are all one.  I don't aim to hold either group in high esteem over the other; they simply are as they accept to be.

Yet and still, as I reflect back on the people in that store I am reminded of the stoic faces and sluggish gestures resembling that of the zombies, that I watch as a means of entertainment.  Perhaps, those movies aren't too far off from reality.  Perhaps our quest to hold reign over others from a materialistic and physical standpoint has led us to a place in which we are life - imitating art - imitating life.  

What will it take for us to wake-up to our potential as individuals and as a collective?  When will we be able to drop our guards and coexist?  When will we allow our light to shine without fear of what everyone else is thinking or doing?  Truth is, we are the supreme beings of today and the actions that we choose to take will leave an echo that will reverberate for generations to come.  It is time that we reconnect ourselves with the greater picture by owning our actions as individuals and truly becoming the change we wish to see in this world.  Sure enough this path and/or method is not for everyone, so your decisions are respected.  This is for those that yearn for more than what is presently being offered on a day-to-day basis.

There were those in the store that offered a return smile and words of welcome, so in that, I am reminded of the hope that exists amongst us.  Change is on the horizon and we must remember to emit that which we wish to receive.  So I ask you, are you a part of the zombie apocalypse?  If so, no worries; you can still wake-up.    

*Peace and Blessings*

Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 



Comments

Popular Posts