Cosmic Timeout

You may have noticed that I haven't posted in quite a while (well, at least according to my standards, it's been a while).  Truth of the matter is that I had a procedure done that turned into more of a to-do than originally anticipated.  What was supposed to be a quick and simple thing, turned into (and still is) bed-rest, amongst other things.  *insert sigh here*

Yet as I take a step back from my own rumbles of dissatisfaction; I can see clearer.  It makes me chuckle because the universe has everything so worked out for us, but the more we fight against the grain, the more difficult we make things on ourselves.  At least that is my experience out of this current situation.  Thing of it is, I'm a control-freak (seriously... but I'm working on it); and I often feel useless if I am unable to help someone or work to bring about change as I see fit.  However it is through this current cosmic timeout that I am forced to be still and allow things to flow as nature intends.  I simply don't have the energy to hover in my usual capacity and I certainly can't function in my usual Tasmanian Devil fashion.  

Does it slay me to the core that I cannot jump into action every time the whim strikes?.... HECK YES!  
Do I feel like I'm being a burden to others just by allowing them to do things for me, that I do for others?... YES!  

But wait a second... It is starting to sound like I think myself less worthy than those I strive so hard to help.  And this friends, is an issue.  After all, how am I to truly help others if I don't even deem myself as being worth a fraction of energy that I exert towards and for others?!

Self Talk:
Marisa, you really need to get it together.  Although you don't do things for others with the expectation of repayment, you must stop lowering your self-worth.  After all, WE ARE ALL ONE... no one is greater and no one is less than their fellow man.  


All-in-all; when the universe wishes us to learn our life's lessons, our refusal is equivalent to a chuckle in the big scheme of things.  We must know, trust and understand that lessons exist everywhere when we adjust our gaze to receive.  However, the major lessons; the lessons specifically put in place to aid us along our path... those are the lessons that will repeat until they are absorbed.  So the next time you decide to scoff off a situation that you know intrinsically has been put in place to further your development; you may want to take a second look.  Otherwise you just might find yourself in Cosmic Timeout just like me.  


*Peace and Blessings*



Comments

Popular Posts