Fear

Did you know that we create our own road blocks and limitations just based on often irrational thoughts that serve to hinder us?  They often prevent us from stepping outside of our comfort zones.  I am not only the president of this club, I'm also a client.  

Waves of anxiety wash over my very existence from the mere idea of trying something new.  I fear judgment and ridicule from my peers.  And if by chance attention is brought to my efforts, my face grows hot with embarrassment.  I'm not comfortable in any type of spotlight and I am terrified of failure because of the insane pressure I place upon myself.  I recognize that it isn't healthy and that the thoughts are self-defeating, but that is partially why I shed light to these issues in my writing.  I know that I am not the only person that suffers from these moments and feel that through my sharing, perhaps I can aid someone else (outside of myself) by providing a true reflection.

Here is what I know...  The more I breathe life into my fears, the more I think about them and imagine the potential for catastrophic outcomes, the more they are likely to come to fruition.  As opposed to focusing on what could go right; this behavior in-turn makes me less likely to accomplish or even progress towards my dreams.  My fears paralyze not only my potential for advancement, but they stunt my life by way of pushing me into a box of seclusion.  

In order to claim my power and to continue walking the path of my destiny... I must push beyond the imaginary veil of fear.  I must persist beyond the anxiety and focus my sights on the achievements.  After-all, we won't go anywhere if we stand still in the perceived failures.  We must instead step outside of our comfort zone and allow ourselves to become catapulted into the endless possibilities.  

So the next time the whispers of inadequacy attempt to takeover... Reclaim your thoughts and actions by shifting to positivity.  

*Peace and Blessings*


 
Website
Facebook     |     Twitter
Pinterest     |     Instagram
Email

Comments

Popular Posts