Dance

I've noticed throughout my life that the exchanges I engage in with others resemble that of a dance.  At times I can't hear the music and am out of step with my partner, whilst others times seem to flow as effortlessly as the most fluid of motions.  No need to speak, only to allow my eyes to take in the subtle requests.  However, in some instances, I must admit to feeling a bit resentful in the moments that require me to dull my movements in order to enhance that of another.  Yet, my soul silently recognizes that this is all a part of the dance.

Please don't confuse this dance as giving over yourself in entirety for the sake of your partner's appearance, because just as in any relationship, or better still, as the saying goes... It takes two to tango.  My experience has taught me that if a partner (whether it be a friend, significant other, etc) does not allow you to express yourself and is only happy when you are suppressed for the sake of their comfort.... Then, that my soul friends, is no true dance. 

Think of it this way; not everyone is meant to be together, that doesn't make them bad people, it just means they must be released to find their true dance partners. 

Life is a dance.  Some dances are short, others are long.  It's not about timing the length of the song; it's about enjoying the moments while you allow yourself to be complimented and lost in the fluidity of the dance flow.

Make beautiful memories today, and release the rest.  Yes, there are lessons in struggle, but to harbor is to remain still.  Remember, dancing requires movement.  If you are unable to move freely where you are, perhaps it's time to open up lines of communication and evaluate your location.  Sometimes we need but express ourselves clearly in order to be truly heard and seen.

Choose to make today a beautiful and graceful dance, and it will be.

*Peace and Blessings*


Website
Facebook     |     Twitter
Pinterest     |     Instagram
Email



Comments

Popular Posts